It is November, and the Holiday season is almost upon us! We are gearing up for all the fun festivities that take place in downtown New Braunfels during the next few months.
Friday Nov. 3rd- Sunday Nov.12th
Photo by Anne Marie Photography
It’s the Wurst time of year – celebrating with sausage, beer, and polka! The Wurstfest grounds are located just blocks away from the bakery, and full of food and fun for the family, German style!
Our Wurstfest Checklist:
- Eat a Pork chop on a stick. – The perfect balance between juicy, salty, and greasy, we promise you will be in love!
- Dance like a chicken. – You have not fully experienced autumn in New Braunfels until you’ve chicken-danced the night away in Wurst Hall.
- Drink lots of German Beer. – “Wurstfest features the Opas’ favorites on tap for you to enjoy. Plus, your beer will arrive in either a Wurstfest souvenir cup or pitcher that includes the festival’s logo.” Beers
- Ride the Ferris Wheel over the lights of New Braunfels.
- Get your face painted.
- Polka with your closest 100 new friends.
SPRECHEN SIE fun? Get your tickets at wurstfest.com!
The Tree Lighting in Downtown
Friday, November 17th 6pm-9pm
Photo by @thenbscene
Santa is on his way to downtown New Braunfels! The annual DTA Tree lighting is the perfect way for you and your family to get into the holiday spirit. Get a picture with Santa, do some window shopping at your favorite boutiques, and stroll around downtown – enjoying the fresh air and scenery. Don’t forget to stop by the bakery for some hot cocoa before you head to the square! That’s where you’ll get to watch downtown light up into a Christmas wonderland!
Thursday, December 7th 6pm-9pm
Photo from Herald-Zeitung
Grab your wassail mug and bring it to downtown New Braunfels for Wassail Fest! Locals stroll from business to business for free wassail samples and vote on their favorite! Wassail is a delicious German spiced cider that is served warm and sometimes with alcohol. The whole night includes fun music, food, shopping, thousands of twinkling holiday lights and, of course – lots of free wassail!